Tuesday, July 03, 2007

And here's what is next!


This gorgeous pure wool was on sale at Big W - and so tonight I get to cast on a sweater for Rick, Simone's SO!
This is actually his last year's Christmas present - so I am going to make him a lovely aran patterned pullover . The colour is a bit paler than the picture shows - it's called Dark Petrol.
I am so pleased - 100 gram balls for $2.67 each - bargain ! - and it is machine washable.
The classic pattern is from an old Woman's Day magazine pullout - I have made it several times before - it only needs the extra length - amazing how short men wore their sweaters a few years back! I have been so bogged down with the Adult Surprise Jacket these past weeks - I can't wait to get started on this!!

3 comments:

Petpig said...

Thank you very much for the beautiful card.

Minnie66 said...

I shall have to have a look in Big W but I am trying to use up the wool I have. You are motivating me to knit again for the Mongolian children. Love your website!
Mary

Sue H said...

What a great find. I'm sure the jumper knitted in that yarn will be lovely and very much appreciated.